Archaeological research of Eastern Podillia was started in the last decade of the XIX century by local historians’ family – Zborovskyi. Namely then, the father, Cheslav Zborovskyi, began his amateur collection of archaeological material. Later, his son – Ipolyt Zborovskyi – wrote that in 1893 his father, living in Krynychky village, collected chance finds of different parts of the village of unknown at the time archaeological culture. Cheslav Zborovskyi handed over all “pottery fragments, complete small cups, and clay figurines” to Volodymyr Antonovych. The latter, being interested in the monument, conducted excavations in Krynychky during 1894-1896.
Serhii Hamchenko together with Ipolyt Zborovskyi during 1909-1913 conducted large-scale explorations in the region, during which a number of settlements were discovered within the former Olhopil and Baltic counties. During these explorations there were examined more than twenty monuments of the Trypillia culture in the region, several of which were excavated (Krynychky, Korytne).
In the late 1920-ies, Ipolyt Zborovskyi, as the director of the Tulchyn District Local History Museum, initiated the resumption of archaeological research, primarily monuments of Trypillia culture, in the region. He conducts exploration work independently, and together with Serhii Hamchenko – excavations of Stina and Bilyi Kamin settlements.